HEY, SOUL SISTERS! When it comes to food, there is one classic that never gets old. You guessed it…the comfort food of all comfort foods: the grilled cheese! My favorite thing about this simple sandwich is that you can add just about anything your heart desires and it usually turns out delicious. I’ve played around with tons of variations from adding no nonsense bacon and tomato to using Chesapeake style cheese for an extra kick. I have made some mean grilled cheeses in my day but this new recipe may be the best yet.
Brie and Jam Grilled Cheese
- Brie Cheese (four slices)
- Challah Bread (two thick cut slices)
- Seedless Raspberry Jam (enough to coat two slices of bread)
- Butter (enough to coat two slices of bread)
- Turn burner to medium. Spray pan with coconut oil spray or regular cooking spray and place pan on burner.
- Thinly cut four pieces of brie cheese and set aside.
- Cut two thick slices of challah bread. Each slice should be about 1 inch thick.
- Butter one side of each piece of bread and lay butter side down.
- Spread raspberry jam on non-buttered side of each piece of bread. As much as desired.
- Add brie evenly to jam side of one piece of bread.
- Top brie with other piece of bread, jam side down.
- Once pan is heated, place sandwich on pan. Let sit for 1 minute or until golden brown.
- Flip with spatula and allow other side to sit for 1 minute or until golden brown.
- Quickly flip once more on both sides until desired crispness is reached.
- Remove from pan, cut in triangles, and enjoy!
This yummy sandwich is mouth watering delicious but a sticky mess to eat so be prepared with lots of napkins!