HEY, SOUL SISTERS! High 70 degree weather has hit the Mid-Atlantic, which means I’m officially pretending it’s summer! I’ve been pulling out my flip flops, driving with the windows down, and dusting off my summer inspired recipes. What screams summer more than tropical fruit? NOTHING! That’s why I couldn’t resist making my favorite Bacon Wrapped Pineapple recipe this week. This delicious summery staple can be fashioned as an appetizer, side dish, afternoon snack, or breakfast food! It is so versatile and SO easy. Check it out!
- 8 Pieces of Bacon (All-Natural Maple Uncured Center Cut Bacon)
- 16 Cubes of Fresh Pineapple
- Dark Brown Sugar (Enough to Marinate Pineapple)
- Water (1-2 tsp)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F).
- Prepare cookie sheet with a piece of parchment paper and set aside.
- Cut fresh pineapple into 16 cubes and place into a mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle brown sugar and 1-2 tsp of water over pineapples and mix until pineapples are completely coated. Add as much brown sugar as needed. Set aside.
- Cut each strip of raw bacon in half.
- Place one pineapple cube on one bacon strip and roll. Place on cookie sheet and repeat until all pineapples are wrapped.
- Pop in oven and bake for 45-50 minutes or until bacon is cooked and crispy.
- Take out of oven and cool for 5 minutes. Serve and enjoy!